LinkedIn for Charities
Maximise your charity company page on LinkedIn – Get more charity donations using LinkedIn
These are a charity’s shop window on LinkedIn.
It is a place for followers to gain insight not only into what a charity stands for, but what they are actively doing as well. For charities, this opens up a wealth of opportunities to share content, news and events with a wide range of potential supporters.
There are over 165,000 non-profit pages on LinkedIn so make sure your cause stands out.
I employ a variety of techniques to achieve this and make your number of followers grow.
Utilise your colleagues and volunteers
- Involve them in your new LinkedIn marketing plan as they will be your charity’s biggest advocate.
- Encourage your team to use their personal profiles to build connections following meetings, conferences and networking events.
I can run bespoke workshops for your charity to show how they can extend the reach of your appeal, campaign or latest news.
Regularly post your charity news and events
- Let the world know that you are looking for help in a particular area of your charity; whether it be volunteers, staff or a particular request. Lots of companies have a policy of corporate social responsibility programmes, so you may find that a company responds to your cry for help.
Network regularly to spread the word
- LinkedIn helps you to connect with the gatekeepers of many organisations. Want to reach that elusive pro bono partner at a City firm or a high net worth individual?
- It helps you look for individuals who have expressed an interest in volunteering. Use LinkedIn for Volunteers to find potential candidates.
- Joining the right LinkedIn Groups can help to alert individuals to your charity’s work, and there are support networks readily available.
Engage regularly with your connections
- Communication is not a one-way street. You need to engage regularly with your supporters and connections by commenting on their updates and discussions.
I offer bespoke training and personal marketing plans to ensure that you really maximise the benefits of using LinkedIn.